Talk

Advanced search

Can't deal with this wind

(2 Posts)
hobnob57 Mon 22-Apr-13 10:17:26

I've been BLW ds for 3 weeks now. He doesn't take much - he still screws his face up at the texture of food in his mouth - but some does get swallowed as evidenced by nappies. He is an intolerant type so we have had precious little sleep since birth due to reactions to my bm, reflux, etc. his system just doesn't seem to be able to cope with solid food just now. He gets sore tummies and spends most of his time wriggling and thrashing around and sqealing to try and ease them. Yesterday was probably the most food he has had as mil made a sweet potato and butternut squash purée for him ( not very blw, but it was provided for us) and he was up screaming for 3.5 hours last night. This after spending 1.5 hours wriggling and crying to get him to sleep in the first place.

Please tell me it is a phase. It will go away.

I am even considering baby rice to see if that is gentler on his system.

I did stop solids for a day and he was better, but he is now interested in food and grabbing my banana, etc. so I feel he is deprived if everyone else is eating and he just has a toy at the table. And yes I know bananas aren't great for early weaning but he just took it out of my hand. We paid the price for that one too.

ExBrightonBell Mon 22-Apr-13 12:26:22

My ds had similar digestive issues for the first few weeks, and it resolved itself within about a month as I recall. It seemed to help when he got the hang of drinking water with his meals, and when he had got better at chewing and swallowing.

Now he occasionally has a wind-y reaction to certain new foods, but these seem to disappear after the second or third try of that particular food.

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now