Talk

Advanced search

Is tis too much/too little for almost 7 month old?

(5 Posts)
wibblyjelly Sat 20-Apr-13 13:58:32

Am new to this weaning business, so sorry if I'm going over old ground grin
DS is almost 7 months, and in addition to a minimum of 20 oz of formula each day, he also has

Breakfast-half a weetabix or porridge with whole milk. Possibly a petit filous yoghurt if he still seems hungry
Lunch-today for example he had half a banana, a cheese triangle, and a yoghurt
Dinner-at least half, sometimes a whole pouch/jar of baby food, another yoghurt.

I have no idea if these quantities are too much, too little, or just right. Could anyone advise please?

specialsubject Sat 20-Apr-13 14:06:18

might be a lot of sugary yogurt - that stuff is 14% sugar. Will he/can he eat real cheese rather than the nasty processed stuff?

HorribleHaircut Sat 20-Apr-13 14:08:24

Well the answer to the Goldilocks question wink is what's right for him.

If he's not crying in hunger then he's not underfed.
If he's eating till he loses interest, and not throwing up lots of his food then he's not overfed (some babies don't stop when they're full).

Is he having water too?

You could substitute some of the yoghurts/fromage frais for fruit, and/or use plain yogurt, maybe with a bit of fruit stirred in.

But what he's having sounds about average to me. Some babies have huge appetites and some seem to get by perfectly well on a few crumbs and thin air. If he's happy, it's right for him.

wibblyjelly Sat 20-Apr-13 14:11:29

Yes, I do offer water from a sippy cup each day (although he still can't quite figure it outgrin ).
I may replace the pure made yoghurt with plain yoghurt with fruit. Thanks for the replies, I just didn't want to be over feeding him.

Fairylea Sat 20-Apr-13 14:11:29

Sounds fine but I'd substitute some of the yogurts for baby fruit pots (cow and gate do a lovely mango banana and baby rice one... even dd aged 10 years pinches them if they're in the cupboard!) Or some fresh fruit ... mashed up banana etc or given whole as per baby led weaning (I mashed everything but some don't).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now