Talk

Advanced search

Weaning a milk protein allergic baby

(7 Posts)
steben Fri 19-Apr-13 11:11:36

DD2 is seven months and past few weeks we have been giving purees - she is sooooo frustrating to feed - thrashes around isn't interested that much and it's a real battle to feed her. However when I give her something in her hand she seems much keener - however I am new to the BLW concept and just wandered if anyone had done this with a allergic baby and where did you start etc... Any tips much appreciated!

ellangirl Fri 19-Apr-13 17:39:39

Am wondering this too. My dd is only justb6 months and has only tried melon, Banana and carrot (blw but no objecti

ellangirl Fri 19-Apr-13 17:41:13

Am wondering this too. My dd is only justb6 months and has only tried melon, Banana and carrot (blw but no objection to spoons either) what about introducing other allergenic foods? Is gill rapley book worth a read?

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 19-Apr-13 20:50:04

Is Lo under a Paed, could you ask them if you could see a dietician? Have you got the lists from your local supermarkets of their foods hat contain milk?

thereinmadnesslies Fri 19-Apr-13 20:57:24

I went dairy free so then anything that I ate, DS could have too.

Dorisday13 Sat 20-Apr-13 08:54:02

I'm just starting this now too, I went dairy free so I could continue breast feeding, just started with fruit and veg with finger sticks and also some mash/puree, I let her self feed with the spoon, which she thinks is excellent fun! Planning to just start giving her what I'm having like previous poster, using using soya milk and other soya products as the main alternative, we're vegetarian too, also looking out for tips :-)

melonribena Sun 21-Apr-13 19:17:23

My 9 month old is milk allergic. I spent a lot of time worrying about reactions.

I started with simple purees - sweet potato, parsnip etc.

We are now on purees and lots of finger food. I use commercial fruit jars and pouches as well as homemade and always offer it every meal. My ds has had weight/ tongue tie issues and I worry how much food he's getting.

He loves his finger food too. Here are some things he loves...

Breadsticks and houmous
Cucumber, baby corn, carrot sticks etc
Shreddies dipped in oat milk - loves these!
Banana and different fruit slices including tinned fruit in juice
Crumpets and English muffins with vitalite or a smidge of jam
Pasta with tomato and mushrooms
Sweet potato wedges cooked in olive oil

Hope that helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now