Talk

Advanced search

Going on holiday where tap water is not suitable for drinking

(4 Posts)
LilJ Mon 15-May-06 15:21:06

Is it OK to used cooled down boiled tap water for formula when the tap water is not consider OK for drinking? Or is it better to use mineral water?
I'm off to Mauritius for just under two weeks and taking my 5 1/2 month old DS who is just started weaning. I'm a bit concerned about making up formula with the water but do not want to carry the heavy ready-mixed stuff. Also struggling to find jars of veggie he'll tolerate as he only seems to like the homemade stuff - he's OK to eat the fruit purees, but I don't think it's a great idea for him only to eat fruit for 12 days?
Any advice welcome!

ruthydd Tue 16-May-06 08:04:04

Use bottled water such as evian. Check the sodium content. I had the same question and phoned the 0800 no. on the formula packet for advice.

Mauritius? wow - have a nice time

milward Tue 16-May-06 08:05:34

Go for bottled - check that the top is sealed when you get it.

LilJ Tue 16-May-06 17:43:03

Thanks for the advice! I called the 0800 number on the formula box and they were very helpful. Told to use bottled water and to check sodium and flouride levels.

Feel much better about it, but now I've got to pack!!! Arghhhhhh!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: