Talk

Advanced search

When to move from pouches & finger food to actual meals?

(5 Posts)
GingerDoodle Tue 16-Apr-13 12:44:14

Just a musing really as DD is almost 7 months, has 3 meals a day (consisting of some puree + some finger blw style foods) and x 4 7oz bottles so is doing fine.

She is currently eating the 7m + pouches and jars (and has been since 6 months) as they seem to taste better and she handles the texture & lumps without problem.

So when did you move on?

Thanks!

givemeaclue Tue 16-Apr-13 12:51:01

Now! If she is fine with puree change to mashed, if fine with mashed change to chopped.

givemeaclue Tue 16-Apr-13 12:52:11

But only if not choking on things

KatAndKit Tue 16-Apr-13 15:01:23

From 6 months they can have pretty much anything. If you adapt your family meals so salt isn't added to the cooking and give a bit of thought to the size and shape of food then your baby can have what everyone else is having. Although I'd avoid stuff with lots of chili in! If you are serving pasta, fusilli is a good shape for little hands to pick up. Potato wedges are easy to eat too, sweet potato wedges and chips make a healthy change and are nice and sweet. Risotto is fun but very messy. Chicken can be cut into strips. Fajitas go down well with my DS - Obviously his portion of chicken and onions and peppers does not have the spicy seasoning on it though! have a look on babyledweaning.com for meal inspiration.

GingerDoodle Tue 16-Apr-13 20:52:59

Thanks for the advice; will progressively move her on to more of our stuff and less of the pouch. She did manage to eat a sausage this morning; she does pretty well normally with some going on the floor but this morning she was happily munching away and I couldn't find any remains!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now