Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

7mo meal planner/meal ideas

(9 Posts)
accol Mon 15-Apr-13 18:03:26

Hi,

I was wondering if you could share some ideas for meals for my 7mo. I am starting to run out of ideas of what to give him or what is good for him at this age.

I have given him carrot, broccoli, sweet potato, carrot and swede, parsnip, chicken with broccoli, chicken with carrot, potato and baby cereals. Today I tried him with spaghetti bolognese but I couldn't get it smooth enough and it was far too lumpy for him.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Chocoflump Mon 15-Apr-13 18:05:15

Are you me?? gringrin

I came on to post this question too! Will watch with interest ;)

accol Mon 15-Apr-13 18:08:34

What a coincidence! I am glad that I am not the only one struggling!

gardenpixie32 Mon 15-Apr-13 19:27:30

I am liking the chicken & broccoli idea, will do that one, thanks!

We have lentils with celery, potato & carrots.
Plaice with broccoli & cheese sauce
cauliflower cheese
Beef stew
Cheesy scrambled eggs
Potatoes, leeks & peas - you could add chicken to this.

Hoping for more inspiration from others.

accol Mon 15-Apr-13 20:56:39

I have just found a lentil recipe too! So I will give that a go. Are you pureeing or mashing food now?

Do you give different food every day or the same things until they run out?

sharond101 Mon 15-Apr-13 21:24:14

lasagne purees well as do meatballs. DS loves chicken with sweet potatoes and veg, soup, steak pie with mash, turkey mince enchiladas and white fish, rice and peas.

gardenpixie32 Tue 16-Apr-13 09:59:10

One baby will have lumpy mashed food, the other will only have fine purees. I batch cook for them and cook extra when I am cooking for us. I freeze portions for them in little pots. I tend to give them something different everyday.

They like avocado and banana mashed together.

Chocoflump Wed 17-Apr-13 15:47:38

Today I bought the annabel Karmel top 100 baby purees book, there's some fab ideas in there, from first tastes up til 12 months. Tonight we r trying chicken with sweet potato and apple! smile

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 18-Apr-13 08:52:37

oP have you seen the MN weaning recipes the MN info on weaning is also pretty good and contains a useful timetable.

Are you offering finger foods too?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now