Talk

Advanced search

baby not drinking milk

(3 Posts)
jenhol27 Thu 11-Apr-13 15:32:35

Hi all. Please advise!
My 7 month will not take milk ans when she does she will only have 3-4oz. Im struggling to get 20oz in her daily.
What food can I add milk too?
She has been on solids since 15 wks as she has severe reflux. She eats all kinds of food and finger feeds herslef. She has yogurts etc.
All ideas/advice appreciated! !!!
Many thanks

Xxx

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 11-Apr-13 16:16:32

jen are you giving the milk roughly an hour before solids? Have you tried things like ready brek or oatibix with chopped banana, raisins or berries? Things like milky jellies, rice pudding, custard, cauliflower cheese and cheese on toast are all good. Don't forget other calcium rich foods either. Baked beans, dried apricots and dried figs, salmon and sardines are all good sources of calcium.

If she's regularly not taking 20floz I'd talk to your HV or GP though, as 20floz is the minimum daily intake recommended by the NHS.

Do you give her the recommended vitamins too?

MilkRunningOutAgain Fri 12-Apr-13 17:19:52

My dd had reflux and refused milk at about 7.5 months, much preferring solids as she didn't associate them with pain. She was seeing a doctor regularly at that point because of poor weight gain and I saw a nutritionalist too. I was advised to continue trying with milk about an hour before meals, which I did but unsuccessfully, and to make sure she had lots of calcium rich foods as JJJ listed. I think perhaps it would be a good idea to talk to doctor / HV about it. Dd ate loads nd was back to 50 th centile by 9 months.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: