Talk

Advanced search

What meals do you make your 6 month old?

(4 Posts)
sharond101 Fri 07-Dec-12 23:35:16

I usually feed 6mo DS what we are eating but a few of our meals are unsuitable so I keep a small stash of ice cubed dinners for him in freezer. We are running low and Iam looking for inspiration. Last time I did chicken with sweet potato and grapes, chicken and vegetable soup, chicken and rice, mince and potatoes, caulifower cheese and bolognese sauce with mash and turnip. What do you make especially for your little one. Please share your recipes.

MilkRunningOutAgain Sat 08-Dec-12 09:27:58

At that age mine liked white fish in a cheesy sauce. I also did plain lamb or beef stews with a mix of root veggies. You could try a thick omelette with grated veg or chopped veg in it, depending on how your LO is with bits and lumps. And DS loved a lentil bake which was basically made like a shepards pie but with a lentil mix instead of the mince. When they were a little older they both demolished fish fingers made with tinned salmon, they still eat these at the grand old ages of 6 and 10. And both were kept happily occupied for ages picking up bits of fruit and veg from their high chair trays.

But it looks like you have loads of variety already, weaning is fun when your baby guzzles the food, I was lucky, both mine loved meal times and got all excited at the sight of the high chair or a bib.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 08-Dec-12 18:47:33

Have a look in MN weaning recipes, there are some good ones. How is he with finger food? Could he have things like an omelette?

sharond101 Sat 08-Dec-12 22:39:30

He doesn't eat much finger foods. Tends to suck on it then drop it. He guzzles down bowlfuls of puree though so I do porridge for breakfast then a puree for lunch and dinner with the occasional finger food in between. I have given him egg once before and he protested against it. Will try again though. Made him a pot of soup today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now