Talk

Advanced search

What should my 7mo drink with meals? (Should she drink with meals?)

(6 Posts)
madscimum Mon 12-Nov-12 21:09:02

We've been doing BLW with my DD since 6 months. She's breastfed, and I can't express (or not express much: with a lot of work, like 2 weeks working up to it and all the hands-on expressing stuff and techniques I found online, I can get about 1.5 ounces in 30 minutes). Until the last week, she really wasn't actually ingesting much when she ate, but all of a sudden food appears to now be going down.

She also appears to be getting thirsty with her meals. I know other people who give expressed milk, but that's not an option for me. Is water okay? Or should I be giving her formula to drink? So far I've just been nursing before and after meals, but I imagine as she eats more, I don't want to have to stop in the middle and nurse!

Davinaaddict Mon 12-Nov-12 21:17:01

I've just started offering my 7mo water as she seems to be getting more thirsty. She seems to like it and it hasn't affected her milk feeds (mixed feeding)

CMOTDibbler Mon 12-Nov-12 21:20:19

Plain tap water in a cup

vodkaanddietirnbru Mon 12-Nov-12 21:27:03

tap water in a cup is fine with meals

madscimum Mon 12-Nov-12 21:41:58

Thanks, that's good to hear! Water it is, then.

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 12-Nov-12 21:45:54

No need to offer a bf baby expressed BM or formula unless you really want too. Water will be fine or you can just stick her back on the boob smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now