Talk

Advanced search

If I ever win an ebay auction for my coveted tripp trapp...

(18 Posts)
SwivelHips Sun 11-Nov-12 19:34:27

...and if we do BLW as planned do I need to buy a tray for DS? I can't quite get my head around where I'll put his food, I'm thinking suction plate on the table or am I being stupid (again).
smile

RillaBlythe Sun 11-Nov-12 19:40:10

I don't have a Tripp Trapp but I pull my DD's highchair up to the table & put her food either in a bowl or direct on to the table.

Beanbagz Sun 11-Nov-12 19:42:44

Suction plate on the table sounds fine to me or you could put dry foods straight onto the table (depending on the surface).

Have had Tripp Trapps for over 10 years now and they're still going strong!

SwivelHips Sun 11-Nov-12 19:57:01

Phew....the trays are blinking expensive and I'm having enough trouble getting the highchair and babyset. I keep getting outfoxed...no more!!
I'll have a look at suction plates...only a few weeks to go and i'm getting excited smile

SwivelHips Sun 11-Nov-12 19:57:29

p.s Beanbagz hey if you're ever thinking of selling it....

Wrigglebum Sun 11-Nov-12 20:00:27

We use this when eating out and it works really well. Depends on the surface though- not sure it would stick on wood well but flat surfaces are great.

Otherwise get the wonderful ikea antilop with tray and use that until he's old enough not to fling plates on the floor (desperately trying to remember when that is).

greensnail Sun 11-Nov-12 20:01:54

We used to use a kiddopotamus tidydiner mat and it was great for blw. It just sticks to the table and you can put their food straight on the mat. You can also roll it up and put it in your bag so great for when you're out and about.

greensnail Sun 11-Nov-12 20:04:10

Xpost wrigglebum, that's the same thing. Ours stuck ok on wood too I think.

SwivelHips Sun 11-Nov-12 20:11:18

That sounds just the answer thank you, Amazon here I come.
Wriggle I have my heart set on Tripp trapp, I'm a woman on a mission. Have read thousands of good reviews on antelope too...

Egg Sun 11-Nov-12 20:13:45

Swivelhips whereabouts are you? We have three Tripp Trapps we no longer need. One is going to my friend but would happily rehome others. Not got babyset anymore and would need a scrub, but if you are anywhere near Hampshire give me a shout.

hazelnutlatte Sun 11-Nov-12 20:20:44

We attempted blw with a Tripp trapp and no tray - after a couple of months of mess we bought an Ikea antilop with tray (for the grand total of £14) and have been using it ever since!
Am still hopeful the Tripp trapp will be good for years to come though, it's a much nicer looking piece of furniture than the antilop, once dd gets the idea that food is for eating not throwing we will start using it again.

RonettePulaski Sun 11-Nov-12 20:21:29

Seriously. Start with an antelope. We have both. We always start with the antilop and move to the Tripp trapp at about 12 months, once they've got the hang of eating

The blw with a Tripp trapp will put you off. An antilop just contains it all much better, is far easier to wipe clean and is harder to escape from. All my children have always just used the foot plate to stand up and from there it's one short clamble onto the table. And the reins you have to use in the tt are a faff and get minging so need washing aaaall the time

greensnail Sun 11-Nov-12 20:28:43

We have a svan high chair and it's fantastic. Is wooden like the trip trapp and converts into a child's chair as well but comes with a tray so you can either use the tray or push it up to the table and seems a lot more stable than the trip trapp. No idea what they go for on ebay though. Ours was a present 4 years ago and still going strong.

poocatcherchampion Sun 11-Nov-12 20:31:41

We have an antilop (of course) - blw is really hard without a tray at the right height in my experience.

Tweet2tweet Sun 11-Nov-12 20:33:38

Keep an eye on Gumtree. We got 2 Tripp Trapps for £120 (in total) with baby seat adapter! You have to be quick though, person we bought off said we were first to enquire and they'd had 70 after us.....

tilder Sun 11-Nov-12 20:39:28

I would second the svan as well. Ours is 6 years old and still brilliant. I do blw and use it without reins and has been great. The footstep can be lowered as well so they can't stand up. Has a small footprint in the kitchen too.

SwivelHips Mon 12-Nov-12 11:16:00

Egg I'm in the North West unfortunately - gah!!
I've just twigged that I wont need the cushion set as I'd be washing them all the time.
I haven't heard of the svan so I'll check that out. Cannot believe how cheap the antelope is...bargainous....might be worthwhile buying one until I manage to track down my beloved tripp trapp.
Thanks all, food for thought. thankfully still a few weeks to get organised smile

SwivelHips Mon 12-Nov-12 11:20:14

Just looked at the svan - I want one of those too. Again mega expensive but delicious. I should have been born rich envy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now