Talk

Advanced search

Started weaning, now hates milk!

(3 Posts)
bitbot Sun 11-Nov-12 18:05:30

Just started weaning my 23 week old over past 2 weeks. Meets all the developmental indicators of readiness for weaning, but due to her age have taken it very slowly, with only baby porridge, the odd bit of purée, and accidental blw when she has swiped things off our plate. However, the past two days she has been showing all the signs of hunger but refusing milk, but taking food. For example just now she was whinging for food, tried her milk over about 45 mins...but kept refusing, in the end I tried food and she polished off a huge bowl of sweet potato. I am worried about her milk consumption halving so quickly, especially as I was expecting a few months of just token bits of food and milk been the main source? Anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts?

ElphabaTheGreen Sun 11-Nov-12 18:38:09

I'm sure somebody far cleverer than me will have more ideas, but make the porridge, mash, all purées with the milk? I assume you mean formula rather than BM?

If you are breast feeding, could it be a nursing strike?

bitbot Sun 11-Nov-12 18:53:34

The refusal is both breast milk and formula. I have been putting milk in the porridge and the purees. Just feels like she is taking hardly any now compared to previously. She has just cut a bottom tooth , wondering whether the sucking is hurting her easier to swallow?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now