Talk

Advanced search

Flora light

(7 Posts)
helgaw99 Sat 10-Nov-12 17:30:43

Hi
I know babies aren't supposed to have low fat foods, but is it ok to use Flora light on DS's toast etc. I don't really want to have to buy him a special spread for the small amount he eats.
Thanks
Hx

Wheresmycaffeinedrip Sat 10-Nov-12 17:35:45

It will be fine. Would use un salted butter in cooking though. But with the amount u spread on its gonna make no difference to calorie consumptiom grin

PastaDee Mon 12-Nov-12 06:19:19

I buy my DD unsalted butter. I totally get where you're coming from but she always gets through it before the use by date.

StuntNun Mon 12-Nov-12 06:20:57

Butter doesn't really go off, it lasts for weeks even at room temperature. Why not buy a small tub of one of those butters that spread from the fridge?

DoodleAlley Mon 12-Nov-12 06:51:02

We get unsalted butter you can even keep it in the work surface provided its not too hot outside.

I'd recommend it as (as i recall) at the weaning stage so much of what they eat us very low fat and you need a certain amount of fat in your diet to help absorb vitamins.

But it's your choice in the end and I doubt it's make or break

OverlyWordyHurdyGurdy Mon 12-Nov-12 06:56:08

No, use butter. Lasts for ages. Butter is actively good for him whereas there is a school of thought which I strongly subscribe to that says stuff like flora - light or normal - is at best nutritionally useless. At best.

SavoyCabbage Mon 12-Nov-12 07:36:41

I would get butter too. It will last a long time in the fridge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now