Talk

Advanced search

Best highchair for BLW?

(11 Posts)
CyrilSneers Fri 09-Nov-12 12:15:11

Any recommendations please? It sounds like it's going to be messy so I assume anything padded with nooks and crannies will be a nightmare. Can't get to Ikea for one of their basic ones as I live in the arse end of knowhere.

SarryB Fri 09-Nov-12 13:00:58

My mum bought me this one:
http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_131_10751_-1_14637_107145_10001_14633

I like that the tray can be flipped back so it can be pushed right up to the table so he can eat with us. It's very easy to clean. It doesn't come with a cushion so it's a bit slippy. I just got a Fisher Price insert for it, and it's ace.

horsebiscuit Fri 09-Nov-12 13:04:58

You want the Ikea one ideally. Gumtree locally? Failing that, a Tripp Trapp if you can afford it; it's useful for years.

honoraglossop Fri 09-Nov-12 13:07:35

We made a special 2 hour each way for the ikea antilop.... Got meatballs in bulk for the freezer too.was worth it. It lasted for 3 children and 8 yrs and still looks as good as when we got it.

Moredofbumsnet Fri 09-Nov-12 13:12:12

Some ebay sellers sell new ikea antilpops at inflated prices but even it if it costs twice the rrp it is still cheaper than most others.

JambalayaWarmMincePie Fri 09-Nov-12 13:13:49

Just make the trip, it'll be worth it.

Check stock first though! smile

Indith Fri 09-Nov-12 13:14:28

If you can't get an antilop second hand or on ebay then try a plastic booster that fits onto a normal chair, they will be much easier to clean than most highchairs an small enough to stick in the sink for a scrub.

Indith Fri 09-Nov-12 13:17:05

this looks easy to wipe down.

JellyBellies Fri 09-Nov-12 13:17:08

Try ebay/gumtree for an ikea one. They are so convenient. Ours has travelled with us on holiday!

Indith Fri 09-Nov-12 13:19:29

or this looks similar to an antilop and claims the cushion is wipe clean, not too bad price for a highchair.

ElphabaTheGreen Fri 09-Nov-12 17:16:39

We broke the bank and got the Stokke Tripp Trapp. Absolutely bloody brilliant and I figure we're never going to have to buy a booster seat for a normal chair. Half the dropped/flung food ends up on the foot board as well so it's retrievable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now