Talk

Advanced search

Help 14 month old wont eat off a spoon anymore

(7 Posts)
ZigZagWanderer Thu 08-Nov-12 17:25:21

He won't let me feed him from a fork or spoon, he can't feed himself besides finger foods.
Any ideas for a variety of different finger foods I can give, I'm running out of ideas.
He will eat his own weight in cheese and tomatoes if he could, also fruit. He needs more protein, we don't eat beef or lamb. Help!

thezoobmeister Thu 08-Nov-12 17:36:18

Chicken - cooked any way you like, give it to him in big chunks or drumsticks.
Greek yoghurt is surprisingly high in protein, give him a bread stick to dunk in.
Hard boiled eggs

The Baby-led weaning cookbook has lots of ideas.

Sirzy Thu 08-Nov-12 17:37:20

You would be amazed what children can eat with their fingers. Just be prepared for messy and long meal times.

Olympicrock Thu 08-Nov-12 17:40:48

Just serve what you had planned with fork and spoon available and step back and roll with it!

ZigZagWanderer Thu 08-Nov-12 18:34:27

Yes the beans for lunch ended up everywhere. grin

oopsiforgot Thu 08-Nov-12 18:39:27

15 month old here who insists on using his own spoon/fork better than his big brother, worth letting him have a go? Also my eldest went through this and I made small salmon fish cakes (Left over mash, tinned salmon, any veg chopped up, mixed with mayo left in fridge for an hour then rolled into small balls, dipped in flour, egg, breadcrumbs, lightly fried) a meal in a ball!

Probably teething and will be back in track next weekwink

ZigZagWanderer Fri 09-Nov-12 09:04:41

Thanks, I let him have a spoon with or without food, it always ends up on the other side of the room. I shall persevere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now