Talk

Advanced search

6-month-old refusing to eat

(4 Posts)
Yamyoid Wed 07-Nov-12 13:01:40

Just wondering whether to start getting concerned. Dd is 6 and a half months old. Started weaning about a month ago and it was going really well.

She has come down with a heavy cold and as a result, will not eat. It's probably been 5 days now that she's only had the odd mouthful of food. She is also breast fed so I was assuming it didn't really matter that she wasn't eating, as she was feeding ok. Am I right to not worry?

Northernexile Wed 07-Nov-12 13:05:40

I wouldn't worry, as long as she is taking milk. Maybe leave it a few days before offering solids again to give her a chance to fully recover, and start again with 'easy' foods, and you'll probably find she'll get back in the swing of things. Anyway, as they say, food is for fun until they're 1!

Yamyoid Wed 07-Nov-12 13:39:43

Thanks for the reassurance, that what I thought.

Wheresmycaffeinedrip Wed 07-Nov-12 13:44:45

As long as she is taking milk I wouldn't worry smile that is by far the most important thing. Just let her feed as often as she wants. She will eat again when she feels a bit better smile hope that's soon ! Poor little baby x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now