Talk

Advanced search

BLW - is this normal?

(4 Posts)
beezbuzz Tue 06-Nov-12 18:48:04

DD is 8 months now and started with BLW at 6m. She has really taken to it, to the extent that I am mildly concerned that maybe she is eating too much. I know the whole point is that she is able to regulate her own appetite but, in your collective experience, is this about right? Using today as an example:

Breakfast: Almost a whole weetabix, milk and 1/3 banana.
Mid-morning: 1/3 banana
Lunch: Cheese and ham sandwich (1 slice of bread), whole kiwi fruit, final 1/3 banana
Mid-afternoon: no-sugar biscuit
Teatime: Mini burger (100% beef, nothing added, about the size of the circle you'd make with forefinger and thumb). a few pieces of broccoli, 1/4 of a medium tomato, 3tbsp natural yogurt with 2tsp apple puree
Normally lunch would be a bit healthier than a sandwich but we were out today and had to take something with us.
She also gets through about 600ml formula and shows no signs of wanting to cut this down at all. She is quite big, last measured on 98th centile for height and 75th for weight at 6m or so. She looks, to me, about right, chunky I guess, but not sumo-baby. What d'you all think?

Nigglenaggle Tue 06-Nov-12 19:34:01

I think thats normal. We arent doing BLW but our son is also 8mths and 98th percentile and he probably eats a similar amount on a hungry day, then other times he'll not seem quite so hungry, or not want his milk as much (the milks the hardest bit for us - he likes the food!). He is following his percentile for growth, I'm happy with the range of foods he gets and he doesnt have problems with constipation. So we are just going with the flow and if you are happy with how your baby is I would do the same.

Nigglenaggle Tue 06-Nov-12 19:34:45

P.S. I wish I could eat proportionately the same and follow my percentile!!!

Flisspaps Tue 06-Nov-12 19:35:07

Sounds fine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now