Talk

Advanced search

foods suitable for me and a baby

(4 Posts)
potas Tue 06-Nov-12 13:08:47

Hi,
Just wondering, I eat a lot of porridge and yoghurt - both food that babies seem to like when weaning. Are there brands that we can both eat? i.e. normal yoghurt/porridge rather than baby versions that are nutritionally ok?
This might be a stupid question - sorry

WitchesTit Tue 06-Nov-12 13:15:54

Yes, normal porridge is fine and natural yoghurt you can add fruit and honey amounts for each of your needs..
There's no need for special baby foods at all. Just remember to cook everything without adding salt and sugar, separate for baby then add to your own taste at the end.

Pascha Tue 06-Nov-12 13:17:22

Bog standard porridge oats are fine, you tailor your topping to suit each of you. For DS its banana and raisins, for me its a thick layer of brown sugar grin. Same with yoghurt, get a big tub of plain and flavour it to suit you. There is no reason whatsoever to buy baby versions of food unless they happen to like it, just watch the salt levels in processed foods. The only things I got on a regular basis were mini ricecakes and cereal bars - both handy to have nestling in the bottom of a bag for emergency snack situations.

potas Tue 06-Nov-12 13:20:29

Thanks, would definitely be big dollop of golden syrup in my porridge and not baby's !!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now