Talk

Advanced search

how to offer yoghurt and porridge breakfast with the BLW method?

(7 Posts)
musicmusic Mon 05-Nov-12 10:59:12

My DS2 is 6 months and 1 week - for the pas 2 weeks I was doing a mixture: spoon and BLW ( carrots, potato etc). Now I am thinking how to give porridge without the spoon? and yoghurt? What pasta (shapes) do you use for this age?

Pascha Mon 05-Nov-12 11:02:12

You can use a spoon. Its really fine to load the spoon and hand it to them or offer it as you have done before. If they want it they'll open their mouths, if not they'll play with it, or push it away. Or you can just let them get their hands in the porridge and eat it that way (just be ready with the cleaning equipment before it sets like concrete on the wall!)

belindarose Tue 06-Nov-12 16:58:09

Oh God, I'm almost at this stage again! Back on the weaning boards.

I made 'porridge cakes' for DD. squish cooked porridge into jam tart tins and bake. Or a pie dish and cut into slices. Freezes well. My DD did have teeth at this point though, so can't remember how soft these are. DS has 5 teeth already at 18 weeks!

beezbuzz Tue 06-Nov-12 18:54:23

I just give her the spoon with porridge already on it. Works fine. I'm not brave enough to plonk the bowl down in front of her and let her get on with it! For pasta shapes, fusilli (the twisty ones) are easy to grab, little shells work well too and hold more sauce.

Iggly Tue 06-Nov-12 18:57:21

Give them a spoon. It doesn't meant finger feeding only, it means baby decides what to eat.

Iggly Tue 06-Nov-12 18:58:06

Oh and I also give dd the bowl of porridge to play with. It's not that bad!

I dot give porridge but use weetabix, shreddies, corn flakes, toasts. Basically all the non-cooking breakfasts grin.

You can always give a preloaded spoons. But I have no experience with it as DD doesn't like sloppy food until she can use a spoon. She insists on feeding herself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now