Talk

Advanced search

Multivitamins again....

(10 Posts)
Pastabee Wed 31-Oct-12 08:41:33

Has anyone managed to get their DC to take a multivitamin?

I've tried DD on the Boots one (£8.10 for 30 days worth) and the Vitalkids one (£7 for 30 days). She just spits it out.

Having tasted them myself I have sympathy as they taste disgusting.

Has anyone got any recommendations for anything more palatable and hopefully cheaper as £100 per year on vitamins seems a lot.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 31-Oct-12 14:53:18

Just bumping for yousmile

Pastabee Wed 31-Oct-12 15:04:41

Thank you. If no one answers I shall take it as a sign that no, no one can get their child to take a multi vitamin!!

teaparties Thu 01-Nov-12 13:07:35

I use the wellkid one and the syringe that came with some calpol, put the syringe in her mouth pointed into her cheek towards the back so she doesn't spit it all back out - I wouldn't say she enjoys it but she'll just about let me squirt it in like this!

cantmakecarrotcake Thu 01-Nov-12 13:10:21

Another vote for wellkid vitamins. DD doesn't love them but she will take it from a spoon (for now). I'd go with a syringe if she was too resistant.

Can you stir it into yoghurt?

mejon Thu 01-Nov-12 16:02:12

Both DDs (6yo and 21m) like the orange Boots multivitamin liquid - not sure if it is the same as the one you've tried and the Haliborange liquid one. I prefer the Haliborange one as it has more vits and minerals in it iirc. Younger DD has happily taken it off a spoon since we started giving it to them at around 12m.

How old is your DD? I started mine at 6mo with Abidec. It's vile vile, but it's the smallest amount out of all the multivitamins you give to kids. She started at 0.3ml and moved to 0.6ml now. All given by syringe. I squirt it into her cheeks. She used to run away from it, but now she's used to it.

Oh and I've tried wellkid and it's something like 5ml I need to give DD. There's no way I can hold her still to squirt 5ml into her mouth (without her spitting it all back out).

Pastabee Thu 01-Nov-12 18:38:31

Thanks for the recommendations. I think I'll try Abidec next as the ones I've tried so far have been 2 x 5ml syringe. It's too much to squirt in her cheek as it dribbles out and there's no chance of going back with a second syringe full!

Ratherbebaking Mon 05-Nov-12 07:33:13

My DS has the Healthy Start vitamins from the children's centre - £1.80 - not sure if these have all the vitamins you want in them, you'd have to compare. But you only need five drops on a spoon once a day. It's a tiny amount and they are banana flavoured (I think with the same flavouring they use in amoxicillin). Never have a problem giving them to DS - it's the only time he's spoonfed, so it's a novelty for him.

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now