Talk

Advanced search

Weaning, what does Gina F mean by a scoop??????

(6 Posts)
Hellythepixie Fri 02-Jan-04 14:18:26

Hi I have just stated weaning my 4 Month old DS Over the last 3 days we seem to be doing OK and have worked up to a teaspoon of baby rice. Gina F then suggest days 4-6 you increase to a scoop of baby rice, has anyone any ideas how much a scoop is??

NewThinnerDragon Fri 02-Jan-04 14:21:40

Goodness knows! A generous spoonful maybe?? Ignore her and just increase by an extra teaspoonful and see what your baby does.

Hulababy Fri 02-Jan-04 14:22:40

I wonder if some brands of baby rice come with its own scoop, like formula does? If so I think a scoop may be about 1oz - if same as SMA scoops anyway.

JulieF Fri 02-Jan-04 22:10:52

I always used a formula scopp to make up babyrice so assumed that this is what she meant.

Julie

Hellythepixie Fri 02-Jan-04 22:43:47

Thankyou it is a little clearer now, it a bit scary this weaning stuff!!!

bunnyrabbit Mon 05-Jan-04 22:58:53

Hi Hellythepixie,
Yes I'm there too. On day 7 today so gave pear at lunch and rice at tea. Was also worrying about this and just used a couple of weaning spoons of dry rice stuff and added some milk. It looked an awful lot and I reckon DS had about half.

Am very worried that I'm not doing this right. I've been looking in CLB and Annabel Karmel and it's all getting too confusing...

BR

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »