Talk

Advanced search

Soup

(7 Posts)
BlueberryInMyTummy Mon 22-Oct-12 08:57:41

Hello

My DS is nearly 8 months and is enjoying his food! Yesterday I made some butternut squash soup and as he normally has what we have, he had some warm soup from his doidy cup with a few breadsticks and rice cakes dipped in as well.

He seemed to drink the soup much better than he ever drinks water from a cup, I guess because it was thicker and easier to control. I've spent quite a while lurking on this forum, reading the BLW cookbook and the river cottage cookbook and I've never come across anyone recommending soup in a cup for babies...so my question is - am I missing something? Is this a crazy thing to do?

Thanks!

melliebobs Mon 22-Oct-12 09:01:41

Makes sense to me. I give dd (7 month) soup with a roll n to soak all the soup up. But that's only cos I don't like drinking soup so it never occurred to me to even give it her from a cup! So whatever works for you grin

Pastabee Thu 25-Oct-12 17:21:33

My DD (11 months) has soup in a bowl that sticks to her high chair so she can easily load her own spoon and dip her toast soldiers.

DD would just upend a Doidy of soup and cackle

Startailoforangeandgold Thu 25-Oct-12 17:24:53

Sounds great to me.
I gave up on soup with a spoon because it was too messy.

Rhubarb78 Thu 25-Oct-12 17:36:57

great idea, never even crossed my mind to do that. thanks for the tip smile

Crimebusterofthesea Fri 26-Oct-12 18:36:34

What Rhubarb said - guess what DS is having his soup in tomorrow wink

milkmoustache Fri 26-Oct-12 18:39:20

Soup is great for toddlers, you can get a lot of veg in them and expand their tastes, and as long as it is nice and thick they can feel really proud of feeding themselves. It freezes, you can use up slightly tired and emotional veg, and you can have the same thing for lunch too... everyone's a winner!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now