Talk

Advanced search

Untitled

(8 Posts)
Poppins27 Sun 21-Oct-12 20:57:15

Its me, I'm back again, obsessing once more about my Dds weaning!! Your help was great lat time so was hoping some kind souls could help me again....please?!

Aaa argh I'm panicking about my 7.5 month old now after reading your post!!

We started down the purée route and established a routine of having 3 meals a day, didn't drop a ff bottle at all. Then went to a blw talk and liked the idea of trying her with finger foods as she started fussing with the puréed food and absolutely will not eat anything I had prepared myself (im no Jamie Oliver but am not totally shabby!!). So....this is where I feel I may have cocked up....!!

I got rid if the baby rice/cereal and started offering toast/crumpets/porridge fingers and fruit after her first bottle and replaced lunch with finger food such as toasty pizza, whole meal pitta breads, fruit, veg etc but stuck with half a jar at tea time offered with some finger foods of whatever we are eating.

My main concern is that she is still eating so very little in the way of food, and had a week off solids due to gastroenteritis, which again seems to have set her back a bit. She will literally suck on a bit of fruit, try munching but most still comes out of her mouth, so in all have maybe a mouthful at breakfast and lunch.

Any ideas I this is normal still at her age and if not how to encourage her to eat more?! She is still having 4-5 bottles a day, offered 7oz at each feed but usually only takes 5oz.

Poppins27 Sun 21-Oct-12 20:58:38

Please ignore the 'aargh paragraph'....I was going to post his on another thread but decided not to hijack it in the end!!!! Sorry for any confusion!!

Poppins27 Sun 21-Oct-12 21:00:37

Oh for crying out loud....and I forgot a title...apologies once again...rushing and on my stupid phone!!

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 21-Oct-12 22:12:27

So she's having at least 20oz of formula a day and she has recently been ill? All sounds completely fine. 20oz is the recommended amount per day from 6 to 12 months and food is more about exploring new tastes and textures than trying to cram as much as you can into them smile.

Keep offering the food, eat when she does and relax. If you want a few suggestions of things to offer her have a look at the babyledweaning website. She can just have what you have though, try cooking with low salt stock though.

Poppins27 Mon 22-Oct-12 07:59:50

Thank you for the reassurance, I just feel totally muddled still!? I have recently bought the blw cookbook which I have found a great help for ideas and simple recipes we can all have! Didn't help that she hardly touched any food yesterday...but hey ho, today's another day eh?! smile

Pascha Mon 22-Oct-12 08:27:29

DS didn't really eat much at all until 9.5 months. Some babies just don't pick up an appetite til nearer a year. It's really hard but don't sweat it. One day a switch will flick and it will all start going in.

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 22-Oct-12 20:11:17

Also agrees with pescha. Don't worry if she hardly eats, try to enjoy food together and concentrate on what she does eat and stop thinking about what she doesn't eat smile

Poppins27 Mon 22-Oct-12 20:48:10

Thank you, I'll try my hardest!! Spent the day baking some nibbles and treats today, let's see if she will succumb to any of these!! If not, we had fun dancing round the kitchen like lunatics anyway!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now