Talk

Advanced search

Finger food safety?

(3 Posts)
WeGotThere Sun 21-Oct-12 20:12:22

Hi

My daughter is 7.5 months and we have been really enjoying weaning for last 6 weeks. She feeds herself anything she can pick up and put in herself and allows me to spoonfeed yoghurts, porridge etc..

She has 2 teeth and manages to bite chunks of chicken, yorkshire pudding, eggy bread etc... But for those foods which don't dissolve easily it takes ages to swallow with the suck/chew action. She ends up storing quite a bit in the roof of her mouth. Even with lots of water it doesn't wash away.

Do you hook this out (if you can get a finger in and out without losing a chunk of it!!!) or leave them to sort it out?

Thanks x

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 21-Oct-12 22:22:44

If she's struggling, I'd just fish it out.

WeGotThere Mon 22-Oct-12 16:08:45

Thanks JJJ

Seems like a really stupid question - but I was just thinking if I keep fishing it out will she never realise how to use her gums to break it down more rather than sucking harder.

I always check before I take her out of her high chair obviously as I don't want her rolling around with bits of food in her mouth but was just wondering what you all do while they are eating.

Like I said - thanks, sometimes just need someone confirm the obvious!! thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now