Talk

Advanced search

weaning q

(4 Posts)
Lizzy1975 Tue 16-Oct-12 21:52:57

hello, i've just pureed some sweet potato in preparation for beginning weaning tomorrow. i've got six little pots and was going to stick one in the fridge for tomorrow and bung the rest in the freezer. is this right, or could i stick a couple in the fridge for the next couple of days? i'm not sure how long it will last in the fridge. also, i just read that the freezer needs to be a certain temperature. really? i have only ever used my freezer for ice cream grin so any advice welcome. thank you!

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 17-Oct-12 13:57:06

3 days worth will be fine in the fridge although Lo might not be that impressed with the same meal 3 days in a row. I always froze mine in ice cube trays wrapped in a bag, the temperature of the freezer never really occurred to me although you might want to keep the baby food in the fridge at the back, like with baby milk, as the back is cooler.

If you want to make things way easier for yourself have a look at BAbyledweaning.

Lizzy1975 Wed 17-Oct-12 19:02:07

thanks so much for the advice (the sweet potato went down a treat).

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 18-Oct-12 11:29:34

That's good news smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now