Talk

Advanced search

1 year old and jelly and cake

(10 Posts)
LoveYouForeverMyBaby Tue 09-Oct-12 21:10:24

Planning dd's upcoming 1st birthday...is (sugar free) jelly okay? Also is a couple of bites of birthday cake okay? Or far too much sugar?

Thank you.

AlphabetiSpaghetti Tue 09-Oct-12 21:16:03

It's her birthday!!!! Hurrah!!! Yummy treats sounds perfect. Because they are treats! DC had a lovely time at his birthday. Nana's buttercream icing was particularly yummy. Enjoy yourself. And make sure you have a treat too wine grin

Herrena Tue 09-Oct-12 21:39:09

Really really do not worry. IMO cake is excellent weaning food because it's soft and can't be readily choked on!!

DS wasn't keen on eating the jelly but did poke it a bit grin

BobbysBeardOfWonder Tue 09-Oct-12 21:41:27

Or you could make a cake without sugar (eg banana cake) and still eat it all happily give it to your DC grin

BrianButterfield Tue 09-Oct-12 21:43:11

DS crammed an entire slice of birthday cake and icing into his mouth on his first birthday. He was spectacularly sick later but it didn't seem to bother him. And what's a party without someone vomiting?

SamSmalaidh Tue 09-Oct-12 21:45:43

It is ok to give babies things with sugar in, they won't melt grin

Normal jelly made with sugar is surely much better than sugar-free jelly full of aspartame anyway.

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Tue 09-Oct-12 22:18:33

Thank you all....she's my pfb so I worry about doing the right thing by her. sam what is aspartame??

SamSmalaidh Tue 09-Oct-12 22:21:19

Artificial sweetner that is in "sugar free" products.

usualsuspect3 Tue 09-Oct-12 22:23:44

A bit of jelly and cake is fine.

I wouldn't use sugar free though.

gallicgirl Tue 09-Oct-12 22:24:51

Jelly is fun and chances are very little will actually get into her mouth!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now