Talk

Advanced search

Help needed. Seven month old dd who was a good eater now playing up when we feed her

(6 Posts)
Geekster Fri 05-Oct-12 15:04:07

Above says it all really. She's always enjoyed her food mostly pureed veg and fruit but just lately seems to mess about at mealtimes. I think a lot of it is she wants to do it herself. Give her a rice cake, rusk or piece of banana and she loves it. Do we need to give her more finger foods now? If so what sort of meat can we give her, I know she can have veg and some fruit but what else does she actually need to eat? I just get confused.

AitchTwoOhOneTwo Fri 05-Oct-12 15:06:30

fret not, basically she's just bored with purees, they were really designed for babies of 4 and 5 months, by 6 months 90% are cool with finger foods.
try www.babyledweaning.com for finger food ideas. and meat's fine, delicious even. what my two could do to a hunk of steak at 6 months just doesn't bear thinking about... it would be sucked and chewed until a ghost of itself.

Geekster Fri 05-Oct-12 15:17:22

Thanks for that Aitch I will look at the link, you are right you should see her face light up when I put a rice cake in front of her!

AitchTwoOhOneTwo Fri 05-Oct-12 15:20:23

the link, btw, is to my actual site... i must have had a lot of time on my hands when dd1 was young. wink

Geekster Fri 05-Oct-12 15:28:17

Good site. How did you find the time!

AitchTwoOhOneTwo Sat 06-Oct-12 10:38:47

i have no idea...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now