Talk

Advanced search

10.5 month old and finger food/mashed food

(4 Posts)
LoveYouForeverMyBaby Fri 05-Oct-12 11:42:47

Is my 10.5 month old the only one that is still spoon fed mashed food (albiet with lots of lumps)? She will eat some finger food - fruit and toast and scrambled egg mainly, but when I give her strips of chicken or veg she throws it floor.

For the purposes of this thread, am purely asking parents who did not do exclusive BLW, do no need for those to reply as the question does not apply.

Thanks.

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Fri 05-Oct-12 14:26:48

So it's just my baby then?

LeBFG Sat 06-Oct-12 09:18:22

No, you're not alone. My 19mo DS is still doing this. He thinks food is something to play with and particulary fun to feed to the dog! So fustrating. I keep thinking he'll have to grow out of it soon. I've tried just giving him finger foods for a meal and if he doesn't eat he goes hungry...but that doesn't work. I'm bored sitting with him for half an hour every meal time while he slowly masticates whilst watching youtube streams!!!! The only food he gobbles by himself are things like crisps, cheese straws (home-made), fruit and dried berries. I've been making the food he eats less mushy with the hope he'll cotton on - so sliced ravioli, chunks of eggy bread, cubes of fish cakes. But no luck yet sad.

whimsicalquark Sat 06-Oct-12 20:38:22

my dd is exactly the same. she will eat really lumpy food, a lot of time i only cut up with knife and fork (small bits but not mashed) and will eat a lot if spoon fed. however if i try to give her something like a sandwich and pieces of apple she will just take a couple of bites and throw it all on the floor. I would love to sometimes give her a nice easy lunch of a sandwich like all my friends babies have instead a have to prepare a cooked dinner . she does eat some finger foods but there is much more that goes on floor than gets eaten

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now