Talk

Advanced search

11 month dd not eating!

(5 Posts)
MummyDuckAndDuckling Wed 26-Sep-12 17:33:41

Has anyone noticed their dc appetite decreasing at this age? My dd has always been a good eater but iv noticed in past month, she is eating half of what she used to. It's at it's worst at dinner time. Every meal is being refused, even when it's normally something she would eat no bother. I'm at a loss.. confused

littletingoddess Wed 26-Sep-12 21:24:35

My dd is also this age and around three weeks ago, started eating drastically less solid food. I blame it on teething (she has only just got her second tooth). She seems to be eating more now, although at times it can be a struggle. My mother, who works at a health clinic, queried this with the nurses and was advised that I needed to make sure she drank lots to make up for the solids she wasn't eating. If you're still concerned, speak to your preferred health professional - they'll be able to help. smile Most importantly, try not to worry, as your dd will pick up on that and won't be helped.

littletingoddess Wed 26-Sep-12 21:25:50

Ah, forgot to mention that the nurses suggested that my dd drank plenty of milk - not water or juice. Neither of those provide the calories that milk would provide.

ThreePly Wed 26-Sep-12 23:18:29

Yes. I'm blaming a heavy cold and teething. (The latter has, according to me, been going on for about 7 months...)

MummyDuckAndDuckling Wed 26-Sep-12 23:54:59

Interesting to hear the comments. She just got her 1st 2 bottom teeth about 3/4 weeks ago and has had cold now for 2 weeks although that us clearing up. I guess I'll just keep going with it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now