Talk

Advanced search

I have one question related to fussiness and that's it, I promise

(2 Posts)
smellsofsick Wed 26-Sep-12 13:03:24

Currently engaged in a food skirmish with 21mo DD, who's not that keen on veg (except antipasti-style, cold veg) nor meat (except ham, pepperoni and salami and the odd prawn).

I'm following the whole putting it in her front of her, letting her eat what she wants and then removing, without comment, anything that doesn't get eaten. I'm doing the hot meal at lunch time so at least she can have a good tea of sandwiches or whatever before bed.

I'm keen to get her eating what we do more and more as I'm pregnant with DC2 and want to cook for the whole family rather than having to pick and choose what I give her and giving her the same old stuff.

OK, so my one question is: would you offer pudding after a picky lunch? She wouldn't get offered anything special, just a yoghurt or a piece of fruit. I usually give her some fruit when she wakes up after her lunchtime nap anyway but not sure whether it's super tough to deny pudding or a good way of just getting her to understand consequences.

Actually, if you have anything helpful to add or suggest then that doesn't count as another question. Thank you!

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 26-Sep-12 14:01:31

If its just you and her then I'd not give her pudding and I probably wouldn't have one myself. If its more people and they are all having pudding then I'd probably let her have a small one.

We worked out (eventually) that DD wasn't bothered if she didn't eat her tea because she knew she'd always have milk and a snack before bed. Once we stopped that she became much more willing to eat at teatime.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now