Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

what does your 9 month old eat?

(5 Posts)
autumnlights12 Wed 26-Sep-12 11:53:40

Give me some inspiration?
What's an average day of meals for your 9 month old?
dd3 still struggles with lumps, so I have to mash food up again and again and again so it's smooth enough (and she doesn't gag and throw it all back up) and must admit I've resorted to Ella's pouches more than I should, cos she seems to prefer them to my homemade purees, probably cos they're smoother.
What do you feed your babies?

glamourcats Thu 27-Sep-12 02:12:49

Hi I did BLW with my nine month old so he pretty much eats anything the rest of the family. Examples of what he eats are:

Breakfast: weetabix, porridge or toast fingers. A banana

snack: orange wedges, cheese sticks (just chedder cut into stick shapes), rice cakes etc

Lunch: Wholemeal pita bread with hummus, cucumber sticks and cherry tomatoes cut into quarters. Grapes. Natural yoghurt. Sometimes he has a ham sandwich, scrambled egg or low salt beans on toast.

Tea: whatever the rest of the family are having ie: roast chicken and vegetables, pasta, spaghetti bolognese, meatballs, bean burgers, salmon etc

He is very good with eating and trying new things unlike his brother who was weaned the traditional way and now at three years old wont try anything new!

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 03-Oct-12 13:29:24

autumn hopefully someone will come along soon and help you with getting LO off the pouches and purees and onto more solid food.

glamour I've weaned one each way too and BLW is just so much easier isn't it.

loube80 Fri 05-Oct-12 14:35:14

I started weaning with purees but also gave finger food from the start. I had to use pouches for a while as he wouldn't take home made stuff. But I kept persevering and he will now eat most things i make. Now that he is nine months I try to give one meal a day that he can eat entirely by himself. Typical day would be:

Breakfast: Porridge
Lunch: Something like fish pie, chicken casserole, etc which I blend to a textured consistency (he won't take lumpy food if I feed him but will happily eat lumps when he feeding himself) followed by yoghurt or rice pudding + some fruit as finger food
Dinner: Whatever we are having as finger food - e.g. yesterday he had pork chop, roast potatoes and brocoli. Plus fruit for dessert.
I tend to give him snacks twice a day which include pieces of fruit, rice cakes, bread sticks, cubes of cheese.

Figgygal Fri 05-Oct-12 19:53:49

Literally everything cheese, bread, veg, fruit with mango, strawberries a particular fave. He eats spinach pasta, cottage pie, bolognese, baby curry, fish, potato wedges, weetabix, porridge, I could go on....and on he's on 99th centile (up from 91st at birth) unsurprisingly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now