Talk

Advanced search

Whats on the menu for your 12 month old this week? Feel like poop and need inspiration

(6 Posts)
tory79 Mon 24-Sep-12 21:52:20

I have a stinking cold and cough, feel rubbish and have no appetite.

Please inspire me with ideas for food for ds this week!

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 27-Sep-12 14:22:50

Hope you are feeling a little better. What sort of stuff does he usually have?

Mine are now a bit older but I thnk at 12 months they would have had something like:

Breakfast Ready Brek with strawberries (or any other fruit to hand)
Lunch a sandwich with some bit s of other stuff like hummus, carrot sticks etc
Dinner whatever we are having.

HTH

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 27-Sep-12 15:09:57

Hopefully this will BUMP for you too smile.

gemmeg Thu 27-Sep-12 19:00:20

How old is your ds? Is he eating "normal" foods?

I made some potato cakes for ds today....just boiled and mashed some spuds with butter and milk then mixed in a tin of tuna and some herbs, made into patties, rolled in flour then cooked in oil. For dinner he had pasta with a basic cheese sauce and shredded turkey. Scrambled egg with tomato mixed in is my last min favourite served with fingers of toast. Porridge pancakes with blueberries went down well at breakfast. Ratatouille is simple and healthy. I steam baby bite size pieces of courgettes and aubergine, grill a pepper (I remove the skin and chop up small). While they're doing I cook a bit of onion and garlic then add all the veg and some tinned chopped tomatoes, few herbs. Planning on doing pork and apple stew for me and my husband tomorrow so ds will have a bit of that. This could also be pureed for a younger baby.

tory79 Thu 27-Sep-12 22:17:50

yes we do blw so he just has whatever (well, in theory, in practice not so much!) He's gone down with a right stinker of a cold now too so has hardly been eating anyway, poor little soul. He's so blocked up he's having trouble swallowing sad

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 28-Sep-12 13:41:21

Sorry to hear that tory. Keep offering solids but don't be too worried if he is off his food for a couple of days. Just make sure he gets enough fluids and his usual milk. if you are bfing you might want to offer more bfs.

Have you tried one of those nasal aspirators too? We had one with DD, she hated it with a passion but it did the job.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now