Talk

Advanced search

How do I reheat frozen puree?

(6 Posts)
PeazlyPops Sun 23-Sep-12 19:27:15

I'm at a loss with reheating frozen purse. I've read contradicting advice online.

Some sites say to defrost overnight in the fridge, other sites say to just zap in the microwave.

I'm only talking about an ice cube of butternut squash to re-heat... What's the best way?

sooperdooper Sun 23-Sep-12 19:29:49

If it's veg then I think you can just zap it in the microwave if you're short on time - if it's got meat in it I'd defrost and then reheat

PeazlyPops Sun 23-Sep-12 19:33:06

Thanks, that's good, as the little pots I have are microwaveable! How long should I zap?

I'm no good with this kind of thing, it's a steep learning curve!

SarryB Mon 24-Sep-12 07:11:34

I put mine in a bowl of just boiled water for about a minute.

vodkaanddietirnbru Mon 24-Sep-12 08:31:15

you can defrost overnight in the fridge and then heat to piping hot and let it cool a little. If you are short of time/forgot to put it in the fridge then defrost/reheat in the microwave. How long it takes depends on how much food you are defrosting/reheating and the power of your microwave. Start with short amounts of time and judge it from there.

Startailoforangeandgold Mon 24-Sep-12 09:12:05

In theory, you zap to piping hot and allow to cool.

In practice fruit and veg just get zapped to about the right temp. Food poisoning risk is minimal if they were well cooked and cooled and frozen straight away.

Meat clearly should be zapped to very hot then cooled.

Never crossed my mind to thaw stuff in the fridge, tiny quantities of stir-able mush aren't going to stay frozen.

Hole pots of adult spagbol don't!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now