Talk

Advanced search

6mo DD2 need inspiration/not toast again!

(8 Posts)
thegauntlet Fri 21-Sep-12 17:20:55

She is brilliant, really dextrous, is managing well with toast fingers, pasta tubes, meal balls apple, banana etc;
I was planning on taking it slowly but she wants all that we have and more! I just wonder if anyone has any more ideas for staple carbs; I am living in Asia; and have a 2 yo too- we eat rice 4ish nights a week, and that is a bit tricky as she doesn't have a developed pincer grip yet. ( and it is VERY messy) locals here use a soybean powder but I am not that keen to give too much 'goop' as I definitely subscribe to the BLW idea... and I spent a small fortune on baby cereals for DD1.
I am going to be leaving her for 3 hours once a week from next month, so would like to have something really easy but nutritious to leave with her.

Also... what do you think about Dal? really high fibre... but too high?

FauxFox Fri 21-Sep-12 17:31:22

Noodles would be good, ribbons of omelette, what about wonton parcels?

MilkRunningOutAgain Fri 21-Sep-12 20:08:33

I gave both mine a 'lentil pie' which was basically dal with mashed potato on top. They both loved it, but perhaps just give a small portion to start and check there is no problem?

thegauntlet Sat 22-Sep-12 13:08:19

yum... i love the sound of lentil pie! omelette ribbons went well today for lunch. thanks x

Beamur Sat 22-Sep-12 13:10:36

What about sticks of cooked sweet potato?

forevergreek Sun 23-Sep-12 15:25:59

i found that if i added a little sauce to the rice it stuck together and was easier for them (just a small enough amount that it sticks)

PicklesThePottyMouthedParrot Sun 23-Sep-12 15:27:15

Roast veg sticks & breadsticks and dippers like mashed abaca do houmous?

PicklesThePottyMouthedParrot Sun 23-Sep-12 15:27:34

Avacado I mean!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now