Talk

Advanced search

pooing after first solids- in the bath!

(7 Posts)
schmohawk Sun 16-Oct-11 20:33:30

DD is 5.5 months and had her first taste of solids today, probably about a dessert spoonful (at the most) of potato smile She was then taken for a bath and pooed twice whilst in it- something she's never done before, even as a tiny baby. Just a co-incidence, or could the solid food have affected her gut? She'd had quite a big milk feed before the potato too, so probably needed to go, poor lamb! Now wondering whether to wait another couple of weeks before trying again, just to make sure she's mature enough? However she's got all the signs of being ready and fed herself the potato no problem at all smile

lilham Sun 16-Oct-11 21:57:18

Welcome to the world of poo grin. It's completely normal to see a lot more poo when you start weaning. My DD now sometimes wake up in the middle of the night because of a dirty nappy. (She slept better when she's EBF)! She's never pooed in the night before. I think you only have to start worrying if they get either diarrhea or constipation.

Mimmee Mon 17-Oct-11 11:36:25

Agree with lilham DD poos loads now she's on solids - I think a lot of what they consume passes straight through at first whereas milk is absorbed and digested more easily. Hope that makes sense!

fififrog Mon 17-Oct-11 20:19:48

DD pood in the bath for only the second time a few days after starting on solids when she was very constipated - it hasn't happened since!

headfairy Mon 17-Oct-11 20:21:28

OP, I hope your dd isn't like my dd, who loves nothing more than a good poo in the bath. She once pooed in the bath every single day for 27 days straight. I used to bath her in a swim nappy in the end, I must have got through industrial quantities of bleach!

schmohawk Mon 17-Oct-11 23:46:13

Ah, that all makes sense. Sounds as though we have many adventures in poo-land to come. Headfairy that's quite a record your DD has set there! Thanks everyone smile

idlevice Tue 18-Oct-11 00:38:18

Pooing in the bath is common cos the warm water is very relaxing for the whole body, including the bowel! If you can recognise the signs she is about to do one then keep a potty or bucket near the bath & hold her over it to catch the poo before it contaminates the bath, much easier to clean.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now