Talk

Advanced search

Mid morning snacks for 10 month old

(11 Posts)
milkyjo Wed 12-Oct-11 11:07:04

Anybody any ideas for non-packet snacks? DS has dropped a breastfeed at this time and wants food. He has his lunch at 12 so not too substantial. Currently he has plain rice cakes with cream cheese, a baby cereal bar, naughty biscotti biscuits or flavoured rice cakes. He has half a banana for breakfast every morning and I don't really want him eating more as his poo can get rather messy and he suffers from tummy ache a lot. Finger foods are preferable. I'd like him to eat nice healthy snacks but I'm struggling for ideas! Thanks.

Nevercan Wed 12-Oct-11 11:55:33

How about breadsticks, sticks of cucumber or my little one loved and still loves dry cheerio cereal smile

ninedragons Wed 12-Oct-11 11:58:30

Tofu chunks are a surprising hit with my 7-month-old. Tofu, ice cream cones (no ice cream in them, obv) and chopped up pear are as far as we've made it with weaning.

cluelessnchaos Wed 12-Oct-11 12:01:18

Raisins, chopped up fruit, dry cracker, cucumber. I tend to stick to lighter bites mid morning so as not to spoil his lunch. This morning though he had fruit for breakfast and cereal with milk for mid morning snack

hayleysd Wed 12-Oct-11 12:02:27

Carrots? Cucumber?

My ds loves grapes but obviously not yet.

cluelessnchaos Wed 12-Oct-11 13:55:38

I give ds2 grapes just cut in half or quarters and cherry tomatoes the same, he is ten months

milkyjo Wed 12-Oct-11 13:59:56

DS has had grapes cut in half. He doesn't like carrots. Haven't tried cucumber yet though, so might try him with it tomorrow. Do you leave the skin on? He has peppers with skin on in some of his dinners and he manages with that.

cluelessnchaos Wed 12-Oct-11 19:40:05

Yup skin on, tangerines too. He tends to chew and suck then spit out the the skin

coraltoes Wed 12-Oct-11 21:31:20

Is he unwell? Some porridge with the banana would mean his snack could be less stressful for you... But maybe that messes up his belly?

How's about some toast fingers as a snack? With nut butter or fruit smeared on?

milkyjo Thu 13-Oct-11 09:53:02

coraltoes I meant he has half a banana in his weetabix or ready brek for breakfast not just half a banana for breakfast. He has always suffered from a sensitive tummy, he had reflux and he has always been very windy - his daddy was the same as a baby.

mummmmmy Thu 13-Oct-11 13:40:12

How about steamed courgette batons, melon or dried fruit? I've not tried the dried fruit yet on my LO, but the courgette and melon as well as cucumber all seem to go down well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now