Talk

Advanced search

Can you swap from purees to BLW?

(6 Posts)
HumptyDumpty1 Wed 12-Oct-11 08:41:20

DD is 6.5mo and have been doing purees scrambled egg etc for a while and was all going really well. Thanks to a lazy arse doctor who didn't examine her properly with a chesty cough we ended up seeing an emergency doctor and keeping off food/milk for 24hours and since then DD is not bothered with food. Has maybe one mouthful then closes it shut.

She's on antibiotics and I'm guessing had a really sore throat from the coughing which is why she doesn't want to eat anything.

Tried her with toast/Banana thus morning and after a while she happily started munching, well sucking, on some toast. Can I just switch between to BLW?

She seems to put everything in her mouth except food, will that matter?

Thaaaanks!!

fraktious Wed 12-Oct-11 09:05:12

Of course you can introduce finger foods smile

Many people do a mix of BLW and classic weaning.

fraktious Wed 12-Oct-11 09:06:16

She might be associating ABs and pureed food (IME ABs taste nasty) so finger food is a sensible way to go.

HumptyDumpty1 Wed 12-Oct-11 09:42:48

She's definitely not happy with the AB's sad screams lots poor thing. Have to give her it with a siringe (excuse sp!) because she's a monkey with a spoon and try not to give it her at meal times so she won't associate so hopefully things will improve.

Thank you grin

gallicgirl Wed 12-Oct-11 09:51:54

If she's a monkey with a spoon then BLW is definitely a good idea! There is a good website I'd give you the link for, but I'm on my phone and don't know how. It's something like babyledweaning.com.

HumptyDumpty1 Wed 12-Oct-11 10:04:25

Thanks I'll check it out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now