Talk

Advanced search

How much milk should a ten month old be drinking?

(2 Posts)
yellowflowers Mon 10-Oct-11 22:18:13

My 10mo has a breast feed before bed and in the morning (and if she wakes at night) though my supply has always been quite low and we have always mix fed so I don't know how much she gets from this. She will also have a bottle - roughly 150ml) mid morning, one after lunch and one mid afternoon as well as a top up after her evening breast feed. She doesn't finish all of these though. My guess is she has about 400-500ml from bottles per day then whatever she gets from me. She will sometimes but not always take sips of water with meals. She isn't dehydrated and is growing and has regular wet nappies, though struggles to do a poo sometimes and occasionally they can be pellet like, though these are usually followed by a proper poo. Is all this right? Should she be drinking more? Less? How on earth does anyone know the answer to these things?

Seona1973 Tue 11-Oct-11 08:17:35

20 oz (approx 500-600mls) is recommended between 6 months and 1 year. It doesnt all have to be in drink form as milk in cereal, in foods and other dairy products count towards that totsl too. By 11 months both mine had only 2 milk feeds and made up the rest of their intake through their food.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now