Talk

Advanced search

My ten month old only really interested in bread and pasta - normal?

(4 Posts)
yellowflowers Mon 10-Oct-11 22:15:13

My ten month old is on three meals a day though some days are hungry days and some less os. I give a mix of foods from stewed fruit to vegetable chunks and porridge and fingers of veg but really she wants pasta and bread. She'll pick at other foods or nibble at them but when bread or pasta is on offer that's when she eats lots. Is this normal? How much is too much? I make my own bread so it is limited to a teaspoon of salt per loaf (any less and the loaf tastes awful) and she would probably eat about half a slice a day, and pasta she will maybe have about 15-20 pasta twirls such as fusilli on a hungry day.

MrsTerryPratchett Sun 16-Oct-11 01:35:08

I've spoken to lots of my friends from groups and so on about this. There is a huge spread. Some DCs only like meat, some can't stand it, some like carbs, some eat nothing, some eat everything. If you are worried about her getting enough of everything, have you tried spreading things on toast and mixing pasta with veggie/meat sauce?

savoycabbage Sun 16-Oct-11 02:11:52

Just keep trying. Never think hat they won't like something when you give it to them. Bread is a useful thing for them to like as you can spread so many things on it.

noseybitch Sun 16-Oct-11 02:29:56

My DS2 is the same, crazy for bread and pasta. I think it helps with their teething, the chewy texture....DS1 wasn't like that, he has always had a small appetite, so I guess it's in the genes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now