Talk

Advanced search

Dressing for dinner

(8 Posts)
thefurryone Sat 08-Oct-11 22:17:00

Hi, we've just started DS on finger food and as you have probably experienced yourselves it is incredibly messy. We have some of those long sleeved bibs from ikea which are great but despite using this a lot of food still gets on his vest both around the top (although that is mostly just wet from dribble) and on the bottom when he drops his food which means I have to change his vest. I don't mind changing him but I am slightly concerned about running out of vests!

Will he get less messy quickly or do I just need to buy him more vests? smile

Sausagesarenottheonlyfruit Sat 08-Oct-11 22:24:10

DD ate lots of her early meals wearing just a bib and nappy combo!

thesurgeonsmate Sat 08-Oct-11 22:33:31

He won't get less messy quickly, no. My long sleeved bibs came from JL and I don't have this problem at the bottom, they are long enough to cover dds lap. I don't have a problem at the top either, but this might be more of a fit / dribble thing. Some people combo the soft bib with a scoop type bib, I thought this was a bit rigid when she was very wee, but you might have a brawnier baby.

RitaMorgan Sat 08-Oct-11 22:40:52

Poundland do some good long sleeved bibs.

Flisspaps Sat 08-Oct-11 22:49:55

I love the Poundland long sleeved bibs - never had any problems with them and they wash really well smile

browneyesblue Sat 08-Oct-11 22:51:00

DS is 19 months and is not too messy anymore. However, for messier foods he just wears his nappy if it's not cold. I also keep some of his old onsies (one size too small) for when it is a bit chilly. I just pop one on without doing up the poppers, and because they are old it doesn't matter if they get stained.

lilham Sun 09-Oct-11 07:11:22

The ikea bibs have a very wide neck. I use a small toweling plastic bib underneath to catch juices flowing down the neck.

thefurryone Sun 09-Oct-11 22:58:43

Thanks everyone, tried the plastic backed bib underneath, which definitely helped keep the dribble under control. The ikea bibs are long enough until but I hadn't cut out the labels so he was lifting it up because he loves playing with them, hopefully now they are out that'll help.

I guess you either spend your time pureeing or you spend your time cleaning, babies don't really do shortcuts grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now