Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How much do missed meals matter at 8.5mo?

(3 Posts)
WhoahThereCrazyHorse Fri 07-Oct-11 13:38:22

DD is a bit hit and miss with food, we are BLW as she refuses anything from a spoon and I tend to just give her a variety of things to try and then leave her to it. Am wary of my natural instinct as a 'feeder'; I think I could easily fall into the trap of trying to force her to eat 'just one last bit', which in turn could pave the way for future battles.

So, today she fell asleep in the car at about 11.30 when we were on our way home; I transferred her into her cot and she's been asleep ever since! She'd normally have a bottle at 11.30 and lunch at 1, so I'll giver her some milk when she wakes up, but do I need to try and fit lunch into the afternoon as well? Or should I just write it off and do the usual bottle at 4 then tea at 5.30?

Any advice appreciated.

Tamdin Fri 07-Oct-11 13:47:32

Oh I wouldn't worry at all Ds2 is 9 months and we're doing blw aswell. He often misses meals or isn't hungry when it's a meal time.
I'm sticking with the mantra 'food's for fun until they're one' so his milk is still his main source of calorie intake (he's bf on demand)
He's definitely starting to eat more of what he's being given as up until now he was mostly playing with it and tasting
smile

Tamdin Fri 07-Oct-11 13:51:20

Also if she wakes soon would you maybe just give her a little snack to keep her going until 4. Some fruit or a bit of cheese, rice cake or whatever she likes.
Enjoy the peace smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now