Talk

Advanced search

Advice needed for blw

(3 Posts)
BuntyCollocks Fri 07-Oct-11 13:17:19

DS is 8m an the last few days he hasn't been eating, really, he'll have maybe a bite or two, and then sweep all his food onto the floor. He does this with everything, even old favourites and easy things like breadsticks.

Phase? Do I spoon feed? He doesn't seem hungry, is still having all milk feeds, wondering if it may be teething? He'll eat anything from a spoon, but he always has, is like a baby bird, but the inclination to eat seems to have left him when left to his own devices.

cantmakecarrotcake Fri 07-Oct-11 15:05:11

We seem to flit between spoons and finger food and combinations of both depending on DD's mood.

Could be a phase. Maybe try and spoon feed a yoghurt\fruit puree and see if he's receptive. I figure that if they won't eat something sweet then they're not hungry.

I guess teething could affect his inclination to chew/gum stuff if it hurts. Is he otherwise ok in himself? If he's sickening for something perhaps he's not that hungry.

BuntyCollocks Fri 07-Oct-11 15:50:52

He'll eat anything spooned. Part of the reason we moved to blw was because he will eat until he's sick if he's spoonfed, but eat to appetite with blw. Think I shall spoon feed at least a meal until he starts going back to feeding himself. I don't think he's particularly hungry as he's not creating, and he seems well.

Think teeth may be it. He's gnawing at his toys and a bit whingy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now