Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Jelly for a 10 week old

(9 Posts)
DitaVonCheese Mon 03-Oct-11 19:52:56

We had DD's third bday party on Saturday and have a load of jelly left over. My mum apparently suggested to DH we should try giving some to DS. DS was 10 weeks the day after the party hmm

We did BLW with DD on the dot of 6 months but had three months of my mum pestering about when we'd be starting with purees before that (and she hated BLW with a passion). Can't believe that we're about to go through it again!

Anyway, thought some of you would enjoy the outrage wink (though I am slightly tempted to pretend we did it just for the trollery - if it wobbles, it's not a real solid, right? grin)

Iggly Mon 03-Oct-11 19:57:28

grin I clicked on the thread title, was mullin over whether to dole out a hmm face or be reasonable when suggesting that it wasn't quite a good idea.

What is it with the previous generation and rush to solids?!

lilham Mon 03-Oct-11 20:49:17

And jelly ffs.

pettyprudence Tue 04-Oct-11 21:28:02

if it wobbles, runs, slops or can be mushed its not a solid, therefor it can be given in a bottle from 6 weeks, which will save the mess of spoon feeding

HTH grin

hazchem Wed 05-Oct-11 17:36:06

I've been adding jelly powder to my ds's bottle so he will be ready to have trifle at christmas. That's right isn't it? grin

pettyprudence Fri 07-Oct-11 14:23:23

oh you lol but my MIL actually fed trifle to my dairy intolerant ds on the weekend - except the fruit bits of course...... for some reason he was then sick everywhere hmm

estya Thu 13-Oct-11 21:54:28

laughing at 'except the fruit bits'
MILs are a funny lot.

DaydreamDolly Thu 13-Oct-11 21:57:01

Ri-dic. grin

MurderBloodstabsandgore Thu 13-Oct-11 21:59:29

<sigh>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now