Talk

Advanced search

Bananas and wind

(5 Posts)
Biggem Thu 29-Sep-11 10:03:55

Anyone else finding this!? My 19 week old dd is really enjoying weaning but whenever there is any banana involved she gets horrific wind (bottom end only) explosive (more than usual) poos and cries trying to poo usually waking herself up.
Is it just me!?
Shes had carrot, butternut & sweet potato so far and the banana flavoured porridge stuff....Obviously im going to give up on banana flavoured things but not sure what else to give for brekkie to keep up the variety as they all seem to be banana flavoured or plain, any ideas?

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 29-Sep-11 10:49:37

I'd leave the banana then Biggem. It is normal and she's just telling you that she can't handle it yet. Leave bananas another month and try again.

As for breakfast have you tried Ready Brek or Organix might still do those little pots of mango and rice.

Biggem Thu 29-Sep-11 10:59:12

Thanks!! Hadn't even heard of those little pots, but they sound ideal will try and track them down.

NoNoNoMYDoIt Thu 29-Sep-11 11:02:55

bananas made both of mine very constipated indeed. had to leave them completely for quite a while

does she need breakfast at this point? if she does, try a rice pudding (made with b/m or formula) with some stewed eating apple or pear in it. you can blend the rice pudding if you need to, or make it with ground rice.

not sure you are supposed to give gluten before 6 months, so think ready brek might not be a good idea as oats have gluten in. assume baby porridge doesn't tho...

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 29-Sep-11 11:18:08

Think you could be right on the Ready Brek sorry. Weaned DS at 16 weeks, 4 months was the advice then, and he used to have it. It would be a shame if its out as its just so much cheaper than the baby breakfast cereals.

Like NoNo says, doing your own purees with baby rice is probably the best option.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now