Talk

Advanced search

Hunger of 4 month sleep regression??

(7 Posts)
ScaryFairy28 Thu 29-Sep-11 08:51:53

My 4 month old DD has previously been an amazing sleeper 8-8 from 10 weeks old. She has now started waking through the night for feeds at 2 and 5 and needing her dummy put back in at 11. She is a reasonably big baby over 14lb and not 5 months for another 2 weeks. I had wanted to hold off with weaning until 6 months to do BLW. When does the 4 month sleep regression finish? I know this isnt as bad as some people have it but its just out of character for DD. 

ScaryFairy28 Thu 29-Sep-11 09:05:46

Also it started the night after I moved her into her own room.

coraltoes Thu 29-Sep-11 09:26:19

My big baby did this around 4.5 months and I thought, ooh sleep regression. Resisted for a week and then wondered whether early weaning was the solution. It was! Poor little mite was just hungry. I didn't feed her in the night so as not to accustom her to night feeds again, and after 2 days she was back to sleeping through. Obviously that is just my own experience and not an attempt to influence you either way. Maybe you could do a dream feed at 11 and see if that gets her through the night?

ScaryFairy28 Thu 29-Sep-11 10:38:59

I'm going to try a dream feed but I know when she was tiny it just put her straight back to sleep.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 29-Sep-11 10:53:20

Scary I really wouldn't worry about getting her used to night feeds again. If she's hungry she needs feeding.

Just wondered if you'd had a read of this and this?

ScaryFairy28 Thu 29-Sep-11 12:28:19

JJJ thanks i'd read the 2nd one this morning and that was enough to convince me of that being what it is. Will keep going as I am I'll give her the dummy see if that settles her and if it doesnt i'll feed. Despite HV saying to try baby rice if I want! Am I the only person not to see the point in baby rice?

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 29-Sep-11 12:40:43

No you're not Scary. How I always looked on it was why fill them up with something that has so little nutritional content when you could fill them up with lovely milk and know they were being fed properly smile.

Ask your HV for some evidence on giving rice and sleeping through......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now