Talk

Advanced search

Where to buy brown baby rice?

(6 Posts)
cheekyginger Sun 25-Sep-11 22:06:32

Hi all,

Just thinking about starting to wean my LO over the nxt few weeks, and i have decided to do a combination of BLW and "mush".

Have read some info about baby rice, and would rather start with brown baby rice (higher in iron and other nutrients).

Has anyone found a reasonably priced seller of brown baby rice?

Caz10 Sun 25-Sep-11 22:11:54

I would avoid baby rice altogether tbh, it seems like a non-food to me! Also watch how much fibre your LO is getting. Plenty of other foods high in iron?

StrikeUpTheBand Sun 25-Sep-11 22:14:32

Hi,

Baby rice is a bit of a pointless exercise IMO. If your baby is old enough for BLW, then there is very little point in spooning in baby rice of any colour. I have never seen brown baby rice. I think they have to add all the nutrients anyway - it is basically wallpaper paste with a few added vitamins.

If you want to do spooning and your baby is below 6 months, you might want to look at the plum baby porridge for that age range (it tasted nice!). I did BLW but had a free sample of the porridge and found it to be yummy. I thickened it and gave the spoon to DD (she was 6 months) and she agreed! DS started with purees because he was prem but went onto 'BLW' (of a type, since he didn't start that way so not true BLW really). DD was a natural and I never needded to spoonfeed her anything. She's now 21 months and a great eater. DS is 4.5 and also eats well and always has. Neither liked babyrice one bit though grin.

Hope that helps.

lilham Sun 25-Sep-11 22:25:29

Once over 6 months you can simply use ready brek for the same 'effect' as baby rice. It thicks up a puree that's to watery. And it's tons cheaper than the baby stuff.

thisisyesterday Sun 25-Sep-11 22:27:47

agree, really no need for baby rice.

cheekyginger Mon 26-Sep-11 10:10:52

Thanks for that ladies.

Ready brek and weetabox had been my original plan, but some friends and family kept going on about baby rice being a good 1st step!!

Glad i asked now, saved myself a fortune! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now