Talk

Advanced search

Weetabix

(15 Posts)
jubblicious Sun 25-Sep-11 15:25:45

Hi,

I'm trying to get my 10 month old to eat weetabux, but he's not a huge fan. What do you put on yours to get your DC to eat it?

mejon Sun 25-Sep-11 15:51:42

Mine will eat it plain but I do sometimes add a little bit of either Greek yogurt, some fruit puree or some mashed banana. Seems to go down well either way.

littlepinkfizz Sun 25-Sep-11 19:06:34

my 7 mth old just eats it with hot milk and loves it and ready brek.

Pfriend Sun 25-Sep-11 19:30:27

Mine eats it as is, but I sometimes grate and apple or a pear into it, or mush a banana in. Same with ready brek.

AchtungBaby Sun 25-Sep-11 20:15:15

Milk grin.

I think he likes it because he's always had plain Weetabix (or ReadyBrek). I remember reading a post on MN which said that giving a child plain Weetabix was 'cruel' hmm.

AchtungBaby Sun 25-Sep-11 20:16:43

Maybe you could try an Oatibix jubblicious? DS seems to quite like them too (although they seem to soak up a lot of milk). ReadyBrek is also a good option - I don't think it has any added sugar, and it's probably DS's favourite.

ccj2011 Sun 25-Sep-11 21:38:07

My LO wasn't keen but I now just splash milk on it and stick in microwave for 10 secs and then give to him like a gooey warm biscuit. We BLW but could work either way. can get messy though.

YoungMotherTubby Sun 25-Sep-11 21:57:39

Bowl of milk heated in microwave for 1 minute - add 1.5 Weetabix and top up with Ready Brek - DC been eating this since about 10 months and still loves it every morning - now 19 months

Cosmosis Mon 26-Sep-11 17:27:02

I put a bit of milk on, and then whatever flavour tub of yoghurt we have on the go at the time

jubblicious Mon 26-Sep-11 17:39:16

Thanks! I'm getting a bit tired if wet weetabix on the floor!! Though DS decided to eat my weetabix after throwing his on the floor! I give up, lol

highlandbird Thu 29-Sep-11 13:04:12

I put a bit of fruit juice on it t make it mushy and my LO thinks its great!

xlatia Mon 10-Oct-11 17:08:24

mejon and achtungbaby out of curiosity: when you say "plain weetabix", do you mean the thing as it comes out of the box, i.e. dry and crunchy?? i always drown pour generous amounts of milk over mine, so just wondering...

mejon Mon 10-Oct-11 22:14:59

I was wondering if my 'plain' suggestion was a little vague! What I meant was, just milk and no added extras grin. DD has half a weetabix and enough milk to soften it up - I'll often pour excess out if it is too sloppy. I use the Cow & Gate ones as they don't have the added salt or sugar that 'proper' weetabix has. I know they're more expensive but as I try to alternate what cereals I give her and she's only just starting to eat breakfast, a box will last for ages.

mousyfledermaus Mon 10-Oct-11 22:19:20

try oatibix or plain porridge.

MrHeadlessMan Mon 10-Oct-11 22:20:30

I have failed to get any of my 3 kids eating weetabix sad

Sometimes they just don't go for it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now