Talk

Advanced search

7 months 90mlsmilk before he accepts lunch

(3 Posts)
rainbowrosie Sun 25-Sep-11 11:31:36

Hi there

baby joe is a big baby not sure how much he weighs but he is 7 months and we are now in mashed stage of weaning

he has
07.00am ish milk 180mls and breakfast

11am ish what i am finding is lunch is a wee bit of a battle - with him arching back, crying, - and what seems to pacify him is approx 90mls of milk and then feed food

i am wondering if 1) if he is super hungry and just wants something in tummy prior to eatin

essentially i am trying to replace the milk with juice/water & lunch - and sometimes this works and sometimes he wants milk then food

anyone else experienced this?

he then has 14.30 - milk 180mls

then 17.00 he is absolutely fine with solids then 18.00 milk before bed

I wonder if he needs a snack prior to lunch

any ideas much appreciated

thisisyesterday Sun 25-Sep-11 11:34:29

you don't need to replace the milk with food.
milk should still be his main source of nutrition so there's no need to cut any bottles out just yet

if he wants milk then let him have milk, then take the solids at his pace

Seona1973 Sun 25-Sep-11 16:03:45

at that age ds still had 4 daytime milk feeds which were an hour or so before solid feeds e.g. milk at 7, 11, 3 and 7 and food at 8, 12 and 5. If he wants milk first then I'd give him it as there is no need to rush to drop his milk intake just yet. When ds dropped his mid morning milk at around 9 months I did replace it with a snack and drink of water at around 10/10.30am

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now