Talk

Advanced search

Ideas please

(8 Posts)
megcleary Sun 25-Sep-11 08:33:21

DD2 is 7mo, started weaning at the 26weeks and she is not a fan, I cannot get her to eat anything for breakfast.

All week it has been a nightmare one teaspoon for porridge be baby stuff, strawberry and banana, my own sweetened with apple, apple and cinamen flavoured, weetabix and mango are all some of the things I have tried.

Nothing will entice her to open her mouth.

Other meals are not much better but the no breakfast is just setting me up to dread all meals.

I f**king hate weaning, I really do not want to give her "issues" re food but am starting to get hacked off and shouty at meal times.

What other thinks could I try for breakfast and how much should I worry about it?

bigkidsdidit Sun 25-Sep-11 08:42:28

Just a banana? Mashed up or in lumps for her to pick up? DS likes nectarine slices or pear (usually tinned) with yogurt too.

hwhite6 Sun 25-Sep-11 08:50:38

Don't worry about feeding her at breakfast, just have her in her highchair with you all (watching/playing).
Try the food thing at lunchtime or evening meal, see how she takes to it then. DS2 was interested in eating anything until he was closer to 8m, & he got it almost over night! Went from frustratingly trying to feed him a teaspoon at any meal to him wanting 3 meals a day within a week! A month in & he now has 1/2 a jar of stage 2 type each meal and would probably eat more!
Give her a bit more time, she'll get there when she's ready.

megcleary Sun 25-Sep-11 09:21:00

Thanks for the replies, I wish I could just relax about it but not in my nature sad

RitaMorgan Sun 25-Sep-11 09:23:40

Maybe she just doesn't want to eat first thing? How about just giving her milk for breakfast, and maybe a snack mid-morning if she wants it instead.

If breakfast is stressful, I'd just let her skip it though to be honest.

bigkidsdidit Sun 25-Sep-11 09:31:21

If she doesn;t want anything I'd just give her milk, then put her high chair up to the table and give her a spoon to play with while you eat your breakfast. If she looks interested in your food give her a tiny bit to taste. She'll get interested after a while I bet

Beaurevage Sun 25-Sep-11 10:16:40

DS wasn't too interested in breakfast either. But after a few weeks I started to offer him breakfast before his milk. He has a BF at around 5 or 6am, keeps sleeping for an hour or so. Then his 'second' breakfast is around 3 hours after this first milk feed so he's hungry and will eat it now. Generally baby rice with milk, a bit of fruit (varies) and some vitamin drops.

lilham Sun 25-Sep-11 14:00:37

Same as Beaurevage as well. My DD wasn't interested until I switch to breakfast before milk. But she also has a huge BF at 5 or 6am so it's really just an hour or two before the solids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now