Talk

Advanced search

weaning at 22 wks, think she's ready, what to do as going on holiday...

(5 Posts)
Whenisitmysleepytime Fri 23-Sep-11 12:55:15

dd is22 wks. she is 91st percentile for weight and able to sit well in a high chair. she is GREAT at putting stuff in her mouth hmm

i think she's ready to wean, but she's not 6months. will 4 wks matter?

also we're on holiday for 4 days next week. i will be doing puree till 6 mo and then bits of blw too. should i wait (although she is MEGA hungry) till we get home or just stick to a few bits of banana while we're away?

BikeRunSki Fri 23-Sep-11 12:59:30

I am a big advocte for waiting to 6 months and going straight to BLW, but if you're keen to start, banana and avocado on holiday, then go for it in earnest when you get back.

Moulesfrites Fri 23-Sep-11 13:04:30

Weaning is a right faff! I would wait until you're back or just give her a few bits while you're away.

lilham Fri 23-Sep-11 13:20:23

If you think your DD is ready why not test her by starting blw? You can give her cooked carrots or broccoli. That way she can 'tell' you if she is ready.

Whenisitmysleepytime Fri 23-Sep-11 15:32:28

I'm not a massive fan of BLW. Ds spewed on any lumps till he separated his Tongue tie himself at 11mo. Before then he would spew on any trace of lump. Cooked veg were impossible. Dd has so far exactly the same Tongue tie issues so I'm wary of BLW.

She's been SO hungry today. 7oz formula every 2h! shock

We're doing centre parcs so could manage baby rice and banana quite easily.

Just can't decide.
FWIW I weaned ds at 17 wks as he was so hungry. (over 1.5 litres formula a day!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now