Talk

Advanced search

BLW how do I know when he's had enough??

(4 Posts)
Sowlers Fri 23-Sep-11 12:28:15

My DS is 6 months and is loving blw and gets very excited at anything I give him, he's chewing spitting out picking up and mushing to his hearts content. But how do I know whenhe's finished as opposed to just fed up of the bits I've given him, dies that make sense??? I'm new to this, DS1 is 3 and mega fussy after we did the Annabelle Karmel pureeing route and I really want to be more successful this time!!
We only started this week and we are all loving it so far, just want to get it right!

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 23-Sep-11 14:12:07

Sowlers I gave DD mainly what we were having and cleared away when we'd finished eating so that she got used to the rhythm of a family mealtime, if that makes sense.

If you usually have pudding do the same again, just serve it when you have it and if you think DS isn't eating clear away when the rest of you have finished.

cantmakecarrotcake Fri 23-Sep-11 15:28:24

I was having the same conversation with DH at lunchtime today.

I sometimes give 8mo DD an Organix biscuit when I'm bored of picking up all the soggy dropped bits of food from the floor at the end of her meal and if she's not really interested in that then I figure she's done.

Just this week she's got quite adept at removing her bib, which I think I can take as a pretty sure sign that she's had enough smile

Sowlers Fri 23-Sep-11 18:12:41

Thanks for the advice both, I just didn't want to wait til he cried as a cue he was finished, rather end it on a positive note! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now